School of Mathematical Sciences
Natural and Health Sciences
- Ph.D. Princeton University (1983)
- BA. Rice University (1979)
Teaching and research experience at Texas A&M University (1983-1991) and University
of Northern Colorado (1991-present).
Research/Areas of Interest
Real and complex analysis in several variables, especially Fourier analysis and its
- Fourier transforms of polytopes, solid angle sums, and discrete volume Ricardo Diaz, Quang-Nhat Le, Sinai Robins (submitted to Mathematische Annalen, 2016) http://arxiv.org/abs/1602.08593
- Diaz, Ricardo and Sean Madden, Problem Solvers: Solutions to the Tipping Points Problem, Mathematics Teacher Vol 106. No 1 August
2012 pp. 60-63
- Diaz, Ricardo and Sean Madden, Problem Solvers: the 5-Horse Race Mathematics Teacher, vol.105,no.1 Aug. 2011, pp. 62-66.
- Andrew, Diaz, Grassl, Mingus, and Parker.Enumeration of Rectangles in a Tableau Shape, Mathematics Teacher,vol 103, no.9,, p.693-698.
- Dean Allison, Ricardo Diaz, and Nat Miller Generalized baseball Curves: three symmetries and you’re in! Loci (online journal
of the Mathematical Association of America) September 2008.
- Ricardo Diaz and Sean Madden, Spatial Reasoning and Polya's Five Planes Problem, Mathematics Teacher, vol. 102, no.2,pp. 128-135. Aug. 2008
- Beck, Mathias, Ricardo Diaz, and Sinai Robins, The Frobenius Problem, Rational Polytopes, and Fourier-Dedekind Sums, Journal of Number Theory, vol. 96, 2002, pp.1-21.
- Diaz, Ricardo L. and Sinai Robins, The Ehrhart Polynomial of a Lattice Simplex, Annals of Mathematics, June, 1997, pp.1-17.
- Diaz, Ricardo L. and Sinai Robins, The Ehrhart Polynomial of a Lattice Simplex, Electronic Research Announcements of the American Mathematical Society, March, 1996.
- Diaz, Ricardo L. and Sinai Robins, Pick's Formula via the Weierstrass ℘-Function, American Mathematical Monthly, March 1994.
- Diaz, Ricardo L. Boundary Regularity of a Canonical Solution of the ∂_b - problem, Duke Mathematical Journal, October, Vol. 64, No. 1 (1991), pp. 149-193.
- Diaz, Ricardo L. Necessary conditions for local subellipticity of ◊b on CR manifolds, Journal of Differential Geometry, Vol. 29, No. 2, (1989), pp. 389-419.
- Diaz, Ricardo L. Necessary conditions for subellipticity of ◊b on pseudoconvex boundaries, Comm. Partial Diff. Equations, 11(1), (1986), pp.1-61.
- Diaz, Ricardo L. A Runge theorem for solutions of the heat equation, Proc. AMS, Vol. 80, No. 4, Dec. (1980), pp.643-646.
Honors and Awards
NHS College Service Award 2014-2015