Program Goals and Outcomes
The Dietetics Program has three broad goals with expected outcomes for each goal. These outcomes are measured on a regular basis for the purpose of maintaining quality and making improvements as needed.
Goal 1. The program will facilitate the identification and attainment of professional goals of enrolled students in areas of dietetics.
- Outcome 1a. Over a 5 year period, >80% of graduates who pursue dietetic registration will pass the registration exam on their first attempt.
- Outcome 1b. Over a 5 year period, >80% of those who apply for dietetic internships within the academic year they graduate will be accepted.
- Outcome 1c. Over a 5 year period at least 60% of graduates will apply to dietetic internships the academic year they complete the program.
- Outcome 1d. Over a 5 year period, >80% of those who apply to graduate programs within the first year following program completion will be accepted.
- Outcome 1e. Over a 5 year period, >80% of those who apply for dietetics-related employment within the first year following program completion will be hired.
Goal 2. The program faculty and staff will support students’ timely completion of the program.
- Outcome 2a. Sixty-five percent or more of majors identified at the beginning of their junior year (60 – 75 credit hours) will complete the program within 3 years of being accepted into the program.
- Outcome 2b. Sixty-five percent or more of transfer students who enroll in the Distance Dietetic Program will complete the program in 3 years.
Goal 3. The program will serve the community through volunteerism, education, provision of employable graduates, and distance education offerings.
- Outcome 3a. At least 60% of on-campus students will be active members of the Student Dietetic Association and the same percentage of Distance Dietetic Program students will be active in local dietetic or health care associations.
- Outcome 3b. Surveys of graduates and/or internship directors/employers will indicate that 80% or more of graduates provide professional service in their communities.
- Outcome 3c. Over a 5 year period, at least 80% of those applying for dietetics-related employment within a year of graduation will be successful.