Each intern is responsible for the following fees:
- Professional Liability Insurance fee: varies
- Health Insurance (personal) fee: varies
- Additional Insurance (automobile) fee: varies
- Orientation fee: varies (budget for: transportation to UNC, housing for three nights and food)
- Tuition: $8160. Tuition is assessed for a total of 24 online course and practicum credit hours. The registration schedule is based on full-time or part-time status to complete the 24 credit hours by the end of the DI.
- UNC Application fee: $50 non-refundable
- DICAS fee: $45 for first application and $20 for additional applications
- D&D Digital fee: $50 application fee
- Textbooks for the 2 online classes that you are required to purchase fee: varies
- Costs for email access/account fee: varies
- Postage to mail completed assignments and evaluations to Nicole Withrow at the end of the month fee: varies
- CDR for registration exam at completion of program application fee: $200
- Facility related requirement fees: varies
- Basic Drug Screening test: varies (average cost: $25-50)
- Background check: varies
Note: The above represents estimates and should be used as a guide for prospective interns.
Please note: there are no federally funded financial aid programs available for the internship through UNC at this time. Applicants may apply to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation’s for scholarships at the same time they apply to the internship program. Limited scholarship funds are available for UNC didactic graduates only. Additionally, several major banking institutions provide educational loans.
Dietetic Internship Coordinator:
Nicole Withrow, PhD, RD