Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Graduate Application Materials
These materials are in addition to those required by the graduate school. The Graduate School provides acceptance in to the graduate programs upon recommendation of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. The Department reviews all application materials and grants assistantships for support.
- Request three letters of recommendation.
- Cover letter (Submit to Graduate School)
- Please use this statement as an opportunity to introduce yourself to our graduate committee and express why you would like to earn a graduate degree in Chemistry or Chemical Education.
- Student profile form (Submit to Graduate School)
- If you would like to be considered for a teaching assistantship, please make sure to fill out the assistantship portion of the student profile form.
Department application and notification deadlines
- For priority consideration, completed applications must be received by - February 15th
- Notifications of support sent out by - March 1st
- Deadline for acceptance of support – April 1st
Admission for the Spring semester is uncommon; applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Students who request Spring semester admission must have completed application materials on file by September 1st.