Jack Barbera, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- University of Northern Colorado
- Greeley, CO 80639
- Office: (970) 351-2545
- Fax: (970) 351-2533
- E-mail: Jack.Barbera@unco.edu
Additional Information: mast.unco.edu/chemed/
12. T. C. Pentecost and J. Barbera, “Measuring Change in Chemical Education Research: A Comparison of Methods,“ Journal of Chemical Education, in review, 2012.
11. D. Wren and J. Barbera, “Identification of Student Conceptual Misunderstandings in College-Level Thermochemistry,“Journal of Chemical Education, in review, 2012.
10. J. Barbera, “A Psychometric Analysis of the Chemistry Concepts Inventory,“ Journal of Chemical Education, accepted, 2012.
9. C. E. Brown, M. L. Henry, J. Barbera, and R. M. Hyslop, “A Bridge Between Two Cultures: Uncovering the Chemistry Concepts Relevant to the Nursing Clinical Practice,” Journal of Chemical Education, 89, 1114-1121, 2012.
8. J. Barbera and J. R. VandenPlas,“All assessment material are not created equal: The myths about instrument development, validity, and reliability,” Investigating Classroom Myths through Research on Teaching and Learning, ACS Symposium Series, Volume 1074, Chapter 11, pages 177-193, 2011.
7. J. R. VandenPlas, J. Barbera, K. Mickelsen, and A. Hjerstedt “Student prepared formula sheets in general chemistry: Do they help or hinder learning?,” Investigating Classroom Myths through Research on Teaching and Learning, ACS Symposium Series, Volume 1074, Chapter 3, pages 25-35, 2011.
6. J. Barbera and C. E. Wieman, ”Effect of Dynamic Learning Tutorials on Students’ Understanding of Heat and the First Law of Thermodynamics,” The Chemical Educator 14, 45-48 (2009).
5. J. Barbera, K. K. Perkins, W. K. Adams, and C. E. Wieman, “Modifying and Validating the Colorado Learning Attitudes about Science Survey for Use in Chemistry,” J. Chem. Educ. 85, 1435-1439 (2008).
4. J. Barbera, S. Horvath, V. Dribinski, A. B. McCoy, and W. C. Lineberger, “Femtosecond Dynamics of Cu(CD3OD),” J. Chem. Phys., 126, 219606 (2007).
3. K. K. Perkins, J. Barbera, W. K. Adams, and C. E. Wieman, “Chemistry vs. Physics: A Comparison of How Biology Majors View Each Discipline,” PERC Proceedings, (2006).
2. V. Dribinski, J. Barbera, J. P. Martin, A. Svendsen, M. A. Thompson, R. Parson, and W. C. Lineberger, “Time-Resolved Study of Solvent Induced Recombination in Photodissociated IBr−(CO2)n Clusters,” J. Chem. Phys., 125, 133405 (2006).
1. M. S. Taylor, J. Barbera, C. P. Schulz, F. Muntean, A. B. McCoy, and W. C. Lineberger, “The Femtosecond Dynamics of Cu(H2O)2,” J. Chem. Phys., 122, 054310 (2005).