The Chemistry Community College Transfer Scholarship
Recipients of the competitive scholarship will receive up to $10,000 per year toward a chemistry degree at UNC. The scholarships are renewable for up to three years. The scholarship will cover tuition, and education-related expenses, thereby eliminating the need to work off-campus.
In addition to financial assistance, scholarship recipients will become part of a student cohort that will have access to a variety of services designed for your success, including:
- More direct student support from services like Financial Aid and
- In-depth degree and career advising from chemistry faculty.
- Monthly seminars to connect scholars to on-campus student support
services and chemistry opportunities outside of UNC.
- Funds to support research experiences and research-related travel.
- Opportunities to build a career network.
- Research with faculty.
To be a part of the next Chemistry Community College Transfer Scholarship Cohort, you
must meet the following criteria:
- Academic background that reflects progress towards an Associate of
Sciences degree or equivalent
- A strong desire to obtain a degree in chemistry.
- 2.5 cumulative college GPA.
- Demonstrated financial need based upon the Free Application for Federal
- Complete Chemistry Community College Transfer Scholarship Application
form with two reference forms.
“When I transferred, I liked knowing that someone was making sure that I was successful and providing me support not only financially but also academically. The scholarship allowed me connect with an advisor the first week of school, which was an ease of mind.”
— Alicyn Roberson, Class of 2013
“The scholarship has allowed me to look at all the possibilities…with my [chemistry] degree.”
— Mari Ary, Class of 2013