The biology minor
Contact: Dr. Judy Leatherman, 970-351-2453 (telephone), email@example.com (e-mail).
University catalogs: http://unco.smartcatalogiq.com/
A biology minor is ideal for students who are majoring in another discipline but who also want a level of expertise in the biological sciences.
Common major + biology minor combinations include:
- Chemistry major + Biology minor
- Psychology major + Biology minor
- Sport and Exercise Science major + Biology minor
- Dietetics major + Biology minor
- Nutrition major + Biology minor
To fulfill a biology minor, 20 credits of biology course work must be completed with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA for those courses. Those 20 credits must include:
- BIO 110 (Principles of Biology) -- 4 credits
- BIO 111 (Survey of Organismal Biology) -- 4 credits
- 12 additional credit hours of biology courses (see the UNC Catalog for a list of approved courses)
- 4-5 of the 20 credits must be at the 300-level or higher (starting with the 2015-2016 academic year, 6 of the 20 credits must be at the 300-level or higher)
You will need to complete the major/minor change form available at the UNC Registrar Office.