Graduate Learning Environment
Advance your education
As a graduate student in the School of Biological Sciences, you will advance your education in an academic environment that values scholastic achievement, personal growth, and professional collegiality.
If you pursue either a Master's or Doctoral degree, you will work closely with your faculty mentor to design your program of study and conduct your advanced training. Mentorship of graduate students is a top priority of biology faculty, and the effort is rewarded with 100% career placement of students after graduation.
For more information...
- Graduate faculty in biology
- Information for prospective students
- Information for current students
- Graduate programs in biology
- List of current graduate students
While working on a degree, most graduate students in biology are supported financially through one of three mechanisms:
- Teaching Assistantships (TAs) -- these can be arranged through the School of Biological Sciences
- Research Assistantships (RAs) -- these are typically provided by a student's faculty mentor