Kim Murza, PhD, CCC-SLP
Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator, Speech-Language Pathology
School of Human Sciences
College of Natural and Health Sciences
- PhD, Education: Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Central Florida,
- MA, Communicative Disorders, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- BS, Communicative Disorders, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
Professional Certification, Licensure and Membership:
- Certificate of Clinical Competency, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- 2012-present, Assistant Professor, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO
- 2008-2012, Adjunct Instructor, Clinical Educator, Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant,
University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- 2006-2008, Speech-Language Pathologist, Orange County Public Schools, Orlando, FL
- 2004-2008, Speech-Language Pathologist, Florida Speech-Language Pathology, Inc., Orlando,
Research/Areas of Interest
- Pragmatic language intervention and vocational support for adolescents and adults
with autism spectrum disorder
- Systematic review and meta-analysis
- High quality professional development
- Inference generation
- Kent-Walsh, J., Murza, K. A., Malani, M.D., & Binger, C. (2015). Effects of communication
partner instruction on the communication of individuals using AAC: A meta-analysis.
Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 31(4), 271-284. doi: 10.3109/07434618.2015.1052153.
- Murza, K. A. & Ehren, B. J. (2015). Data-based decision-making in professional learning
for school speech-language pathologists. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in the Schools, 46(3), 181- 193. doi: 10.1044/2015 LSHSS-14-0 101
- Murza, K. A., Malani, M.D., & Hahs-Vaughn, D. L. (2014). Using the Common Core State
Standards to guide therapy in the schools: Confidently accepting the challenge. Perspectives on School -BasedIssues, 15(4) 125-133. doi: 10.1044/sbi15.4.125
- Murza, K. A., Nye, C., Schwartz, J. B., Ehren, B. J., & Hahs-Vaughn, D. (2014). A
randomized controlled trial of an inference generation strategy intervention for adults
with high-functioning autism spectrum disorder. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 23, 461-473.
- Murza, K. A., & Nye, C. (2013). Pragmatic language intervention for adults with Asperger
syndrome or high-functioning autism: A feasibility study. Contemporary Issues in Communication Sciences andDisorders, 40, 85-97.
- Ehren, B. J., Murza, K. A., & Malani, M.D. (2012). Disciplinary literacy from a speech-language
pathologist's lens. Topics in LanguageDisorders, 32(1), 85-98.
Research Participants Needed!
Dr. Murza is currently recruiting participants for her research on emotional mimicry.
Adolescents and adults 14 years and older with high-functioning autism spectrum disorder
as well as adolescents and adults 14 years and older that do not have a disability
are eligible to participate. The total time commitment for study participation is
less than 15 minutes. See informational flyer for research participants for further details.