Master of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology (MA)
Graduate School Application Process
Deadline for Fall Semester Entry: February 15, 2014 (each cohort will enroll approximately 22-25 graduate students)
- The online masters program in speech-language pathology accepts students every other year.
- All application materials must be received by the Graduate School by the above deadline.
- Applications will not be processed until all information is received.
- Once the Graduate School receives all of the application materials, it will process them and forward them to the program office. This takes approximately 30 days.
- Although the Graduate School will accept materials through February 15, please submit prior to that date. Processing will be expedited if materials are submitted before the deadline.
- Applicants for fall entry will be notified of an admission decision by April 1.
- Our "student-administered" application procedure requires you to collect all the materials for admission and submit them at one time to the UNC Graduate School.
Required materials include:
- Application for Admission to the UNC Graduate School.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- 3 Letters of recommendation. Click here for Recommendation forms.
- $50 Application fee
- Resume or vita
- Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences Statement of Professional Goals (letter of intent)
Official Transcripts: One official transcript from each college or university you have attended (including UNC) must be sent to the Graduate School. UNC currently requires a 3.0 minimum grade point average for regular admission to a graduate program.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE): GRE Scores that are no more than five years old are required as a part of the application process. The GRE should be taken with sufficient lead-time. Scores must be submitted prior to the application deadline.
Letters of Recommendation:
Three letters of recommendation are required. Two must be recommendations from professors who can address your academic qualifications for graduate study. The third may be from another professor or someone with whom you have worked professionally. Please use the recommendation forms provided by the Graduate School.
Resume or Vita: Include a one-to-two page resume or vita with your application materials.
Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences Statement of Professional Goals: Provide a statement of professional goals (letter of intent) not to exceed 500 words.
Financial Aid: You may apply for financial aid through the UNC Office of Financial Aid. University financial aid includes scholarships, student loans, work-study, and other programs. In order to be eligible for these university-wide programs, it is necessary for you to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the mid-February deadline posted on this site. Financial statements submitted after the deadline will be processed but will receive a lower priority and funding will be subject to funds available.
Because the program typically requires fewer than nine credit hours per semester, you should talk with a financial aid officer about the types of aid for which you would be eligible.
Direct any questions you might have to:
Dr. Kathleen Fahey
Graduate Coordinator - Online Speech-Language Pathology MA
Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences Program
Gunter Hall 1400, Campus Box 140
University of Northern Colorado
501 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80639