Doctor of Audiology (AuD) Program
Graduate School Application Process
Deadline for Fall Semester Entry: February 1, 2013 (a class of approximately 8-10 graduate students begins each year)
- All application materials must be received by the Graduate School by the above deadline for admission preference; however, applications will be accepted until the program is full.
- Once the Graduate School receives all of the application materials, it will process them and forward them to the program office. This takes approximately 20 days.
- Applications will not be processed until all information is received.
- Although we will accept materials through February 1, please submit prior to that date. Processing will be expedited if materials are submitted before the deadline.
- Applicants for fall entry will be notified of an admission decision between March 15 and April 15.
- Our "student-administered" application procedure requires you to collect all the materials for admission and submit them at one time to the UNC Graduate School.
Required materials include:
- Application for Admission to the UNC Graduate School. Click here for application information.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- 3 Letters of recommendation. Click here for Recommendation forms.
- $50 Application fee
- Resume or vita
- Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences Statement of Professional Goals (letter of intent)
Official Transcripts: One official transcript from each college or university you have attended (including UNC) must be sent to the Graduate School. UNC currently requires a 3.0 minimum grade point average for regular admission to a graduate program.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE): GRE Scores that are no more than five years old are required as a part of the application process. The GRE should be taken with sufficient lead-time. Scores must be submitted prior to the application deadline.
Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required, two of which must be from previous academic professors. Please use the recommendation forms provided by the Graduate School.
Resume or Vita: Include a one-to-two page resume or vita with your application materials.
Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences Statement of Professional Goals: Provide a statement of professional goals (letter of intent) not to exceed 500 words.
Financial Aid: You may apply for financial aid through the Department of Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences and/or the University's Financial Aid Office. University financial aid includes scholarships, student loans, work-study, and other programs. In order to be eligible for these university-wide programs, it is necessary for you to submit a "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA) by February 15, 2009. Financial statements submitted after March 1 will be processed but will receive a lower priority and funding will be subject to funds available. The FAFSA forms and information are available through financial aid offices and public high schools in your area and through the UNC Office of Student Financial Resources.
Direct any questions you might have to:
Dr. Katie Bright
Graduate Coordinator - Audiology
Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences
Campus Box 140
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639