RSVP recruits and interviews interested volunteers age 55 and older; matching their skills, talents, interests, and time availability to appropriate volunteer assignments. Weld County RSVP has agreements with multiple non-profit agencies and civic agencies where volunteers can contribute their time and talents.
Standing Volunteer Opportunities
- America Reads – Trained reading partners assist and mentor Elementary School children age K-4th grade with reading skills.
- Bulk Mail Services - Volunteers label, stuff, fold, etc. mailings for civic and non-profit agencies..
- Grocery Shopping Service - Volunteers fill grocery orders for seniors and handicapped persons Tuesday mornings at the Hillside King Soopers.
- Medicare Insurance Counseling - Trained volunteers assist seniors with understanding forms, filing claims and appeals, and explaining supplemental insurance policies. Periodic educational seminars are held for the public.
- Project Connect - Volunteers provide friendly conversation, a way to share interests, and a daily assurance that someone knows that you are doing fine, or may be need of help.
- SHOP - Seniors Helping Other People - Volunteers construct and install wheelchair ramps and complete minor home repairs for low-income seniors and handicapped individuals. Limited financial assistance is available for those who qualify.