The Center for Integrated Arts Education's eighth annual Leadership Institute features a screening of Trash Dance and a presentation by the filmmaker of the acclaimed documentary.
The campus community is invited to attend the institute's performances and keynote presentations free of charge June 10-12. That includes the SXSW award-winning film Trash Dance at 2:30 p.m. June 10 at Kress Theatre, 817 8th Ave. The showing will be followed by a keynote address from the film's director Andrew Garrison, who followed a choreographer riding along with sanitation workers to capture their performances in everyday life.
Other highlights from the institute:
- 8-8:45 a.m. - Brian Corrigan & Justin Gitlin, "Oh Heck Yeah," Milne Auditorium in Kepner Hall
- 8:45-9:30 a.m. - Allison Orr, artistic director of Forklift Danceworks, "Choreography of the Everyday," Milne Auditorium (Kepner Hall)
- 2:30-5 p.m - "Coordinating Space, Time & Energy - Screening of "Trash Dance" with director Andrew Garrison, Kress Theatre, 817 8th Ave.
- 8-8:30 a.m. - Intro performance by Abbie R. Powers, Silk [body] Breathe, Milne Auditorium (Kepner Hall)
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. - Karen Kaufman, "Moving into Balance," Milne Auditorium (Kepner Hall)
- 3:30-5 p.m. Jessica Cooney, Migration and Diversity in the Greeley area; Impact Dance at Zoe's, 715 10th St.
- 8-8:30 a.m. - Slam poetry by Minor Disturbance, Milne Auditorium (Kepner Hall)
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. - Keziah Kelsey, "Feeling Undancey: At-risk Energy in the Classroom;" Impromptu dances by Contemporary Dance (Wyoming), Milne Auditorium (Kepner Hall)
To reserve free admission to any of these keynote events email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the full training presentations and performances is available at www.unco.edu/arts/ciae.
The Arts In Motion Institute is made possible through grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, Think 360 Arts and in collaboration with Colorado Creative Industries. The offer of free admission to keynote presentations is made possible by support from the City of Greeley and Greeley Creative District.