The UNC Jazz Camp will celebrate its 10th anniversary July 14-19 with a jam-packed week of free concerts, including a special performance by the Colorado Jazz Orchestra at 8 p.m. Tuesday, July 16, in the Garden Theatre. The complete schedule of free concerts open to the public is:
- Sunday, July 14, 7:30 p.m.: Faculty Concert, Frasier 90
- Monday, July 15, 7:30 p.m.: Faculty Concert, Frasier 90
- Tuesday, July 16, 8 p.m.: Colorado Jazz Orchestra Concert, Garden Theatre
- Thursday, July 18, 2 p.m.: Student Combo Concert, Frasier 90
- Thursday, July 18, 7:30 p.m.: Faculty Concert, Frasier 90
- Friday, July 19, 1:30 p.m.: Student Big Band Concert, Garden Theatre
Designed to be intensive, challenging, and inspiring, the UNC Jazz Camp will be led by UNC faculty and special guests Clay Jenkins, Don Aliquo and Paul McKee.
The camp for middle, high school and college students features student big bands and combos, instrumental master classes, jazz theory and listening classes and student jam sessions.
Registration for the camp is still open. Complete jazz camp information, including a downloadable registration form, is available on the Jazz Camp's web page.
For additional information or questions, contact Amy Murphy, 970-351-2394.
A student in UNC's 2012 Jazz Camp shows his stuff during a jam session in the Garden Theatre.