Graduates of the University of Northern Colorado’s School of Theatre Arts and Dance continue to advance their careers during the second half 2010, as evidenced by the following updates provided by alumni.
- Jason Watson was just hired for the 1st Nation tour of the Broadway musical "Next to Normal." Jason will be the stand-by for Dan and Dr. Madden. The tour, which begins in January, will star Alice Ripley. Jason was out last year in the national tour of "Mama Mia."
- Alumna Vanessa Ramirez (2009) was recently hired in New York City as a teaching artist for SmartARTS, an organization affiliated with the Brooklyn Philharmonic. Vanessa has also been working as a teaching artist for the Manhattan New Music Project.
- Justin Michael Terry (2007) and John Bray (2008) have both been signed to perform in the Asian tour of the internationally acclaimed production of "Walking With Dinosaurs."
- Spencer Townsend Hughes, a 2008 graduate of the School of Theatre Arts and Dance, will appear as a contestant on the "The Price is Right" (CBS) on Nov.1.
- Justin Michael Terry (2007) and John Bray (2008) have both been signed to perform in the Asian tour of the internationally acclaimed production of "Walking With Dinosaurs.
- Lincoln Hayes (2007) in September completed filming a number of television commercials for PC Richard and Son, one of the largest appliance and electronics retailers in the Northeast.
- Billy Marshall (2008) will make his Off-Broadway debut Oct. 7 in Mario Fratti’s new play "Trio" at Theatre for the New City. Directed by Stephan Morrow, the show also includes Tony nominee Rose Gregorio ("The Shadow Box"). "Trio" is comprised of three one-act plays.
- Alumna Danielle Kudelka has been hired to teach at Cresthill Middle School in Highlands Ranch, Colo.
- 2005 graduate Maren Ucker has been cast in the national tour of the musical "In the Mood."
Andy Kelso (2002) is currently receiving rave reviews for his performance as Mark in the Westchester Broadway Theatre production of "Rent."
- Alexis Jackson (2006) has been hired to teach drama at Cherokee Trail High School in Cherry Creek, Colo.
-2007 graduate Ryan Jesse, who since January has been touring with the national production of "Jersey Boys" in the role of Bob Gaudio (one of the founding members of the Four Seasons), recently learned that he will be moved in mid-October to the Broadway production of the hit musical to play the same role.
- Megan Koumis has been cast as a showgirl in "Vegas! The Show," a classy tribute to old-school Las Vegas now playing in the Saxe Theatre at the Las Vegas Planet Hollywood.
- Eric Ritter, a 2009 graduate of the program, has been cast in the Los Angeles production of "Take Me Out" at the Celebration Theatre in Hollywood. The production opens for an extended run in mid-September.
- Jenny Gelwick and Megan Van De Hay have been cast in the upcoming production of "Sunset Boulevard" at the Arvada Center for the Arts in Denver.
- Molly Fahey, a 2007 graduate, just filmed a major television and product placement commercial for Sharp’s new Aquos 3-D TV. The commercial will air first in Japan, Asia and Europe, and then will become available for use by the U.S. broadcast market.