The Graduate School this week announced the recipients of the Graduate Dean's awards recognizing superior academic achievement and outstanding research in graduate studies. The winners, who will be honored at Friday's Graduate School commencement ceremony, are:
Citation for Excellence
- Corina Brown - Doctor of Philosophy, Chemical Education
- Michael Jenkins - Doctor Psychology, Counseling Psychology
- Daniel Reem - Master of Music, Vocal Performance
- Lori Sachau - Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Technology
- Mark Shuey - Master of Arts, Sociology
- David Wren - Doctor of Philosophy, Chemical Education
Citation for Outstanding Dissertation
- Ragea Mohammed AlQahtani - Doctor of Philosophy, Special Education; "Influence of Peer Buddy Program Interventions for Adolescents with Disabilities in a High School Setting: Impact on Social and Academic Achievement"
- Ann Henderson - Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Technology; "Effect of Visual Metaphor on Student Achievement and Cognitive Load for Undergraduate Students Enrolled in Pre-Requisite Nursing Courses"
- Lori Sachau - Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Technology; "A Mixed Methods Study of a Sense of Community in a Mathematics Teacher Leadership Blended Learning Program"
Citation for Outstanding Thesis
- Mark Shuey - Master of Arts, Sociology; "Re-framing the Feminine Apologetic: An Analysis of Division I Female Athletes"
- Melissa Welch - Master of Arts, Sociology; "But That's Not My Story": Broadening the Spectrum of the Disabled Identity"