University of Northern Colorado Provost Robbyn Wacker has announced the recipients of the school's 2013 Academic Excellence Awards, which recognize excellence by faculty and programs in teaching, student advising, performance assessment, scholarship, service and leadership. The recipients are:
- Teaching Excellence in Undergraduate Education: Robert Heiny, Mathematical Sciences (More Info)
- Teaching Excellence in Graduate Education: Priscilla Falcon, Department of Hispanic Studies (More Info)
- Excellence in Faculty Service: Richard Schwenz, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry (More Info)
- Excellence in Faculty Advisement: Robert Reinsvold, Department of Biological Sciences (More Info)
- School/Program Excellence in Service: School of Theatre Arts and Dance (More Info)
- Excellence through Performance Assessment: Tutoring Services (More Info)
Criteria for the awards include a thorough knowledge of the academic or professional field, ability to communicate that knowledge in an effective and organized manner, ability to create a positive learning environment, demonstration of respect and concern for students, ability to inspire enthusiasm for learning and high expectations for students' performance.
The recipients will be honored at the university's annual Academic Excellence Awards Reception April 23.