The University of Northern Colorado will celebrate academic excellence with a variety of activities and ceremonies during the school's annual Academic Excellence Week, April 7-13.
The highlights of the many activities promoting academic excellence and recognizing student, faculty and staff scholastic achievements during the celebration include:
- Teaching and Learning Fair: Faculty from a variety of disciplines will exchange ideas, strategies, assignments and other tools that foster academic excellence through teaching and learning during the fourth annual Teaching and Learning Fair from 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, in the University Center Panorama room and Aspen suites. Schedule.
- Hewit Distinguished Professor of History Lecture: Susan Schulten, professor of History at the University of Denver and the 2013 Hewit Distinguished Professor of History at UNC, will present "The Meaning of Maps," a free public lecture and book signing at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 10, in the Panorama room at the University Center. Full details.
- Research Day: More than 350 undergraduate and graduate students from nearly every academic discipline at UNC will share information about their research projects during 258 presentations from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Thursday, April 11, throughout the University Center's second floor. Top research projects will be selected for recognition. List of presentations.
- Distinguished Scholar Luncheon: UNC's Faculty Research and Publications Board will honor the 2013 A.M. and Jo Winchester Distinguished Scholar, college scholars and faculty achievements from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Monday, April 8, in the University Center Panorama room.
- College- and School-Hosted Events: A variety of UNC's colleges, schools and programs will honor faculty and student academic achievement with convocations, banquets and other events during the week.
For a complete schedule of activities or additional information about UNC's celebration of academic excellence, visit http://www.unco.edu/hsl/aew.html or contact the Center for Honors, Scholars and Leadership at 970-351-2940.
Academic Excellence Week is coordinated and sponsored by the Office of Undergraduate Research; the Center for Honors, Scholars and Leadership; and the Graduate Student Association along with academic departments and programs across campus.