- UNC's Club Volleyball tournament scheduled for Saturday, March 9, has been canceled. (Update at 6 a.m., March 9)
- The Focus class scheduled for Saturday, March 9, at the University Center has been canceled by the organizer. (Update at 5:08 pm., March 8)
- The Farr Gala and the Heart of the Rockies Retreat scheduled for Saturday, March 9, at the University Center on the Greeley campus have been canceled by the events' organizers. (Update at 4:18 p.m., March 8)
- UNC's Lowry center in Denver will be closed Saturday, March 9, due to the weather and classes will not meet. Classes will have a delayed start of 9 a.m. on Sunday, March 10. (Update at 3:15 p.m., March 8)
UNC's emergency preparedness team is closely monitoring weather conditions. The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning for several parts of Colorado, including Weld County, and a winter storm warning for the metro-Denver area, effective from 5 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, March 9. Updated 12:50 p.m., March 8)
As a reminder, the operating status of the university over the weekend will be available beginning at 6:30 a.m. via the following methods:
- Online: http://www.unco.edu and http://emergency.unco.edu;
- By Phone: The inclement weather phone line, 970-351-4100;
- Media: Closures are reported to area media, including Denver TV stations;
- E-Alerts: Notifications of closures are sent to campus phones and computers through voice, e-mail and text messages and to subscribed cell phones through text and voice messages from UNC's Emergency Alert system. To find out how to sign up your cell phone, visit http://www.unco.edu/alerts/signup.html.
Please remember if you receive an emergency alert that the university is closed, calling the UNC Police Department to confirm the information is not necessary.