The Graduate School this week announced the recipients of the Graduate Dean's awards recognizing superior academic achievement and outstanding research in graduate studies. The winners, who will be honored at Friday's Graduate School commencement ceremony, are:
Citation for Excellence
- Yeni Violeta Garcia, Doctor of Philosophy, Biological Education
- Jacqueline Johnson, Master of Science, Biological Sciences
- Angela Mendoza, Master of Arts, Gerontology
- Chandra Powers, Master of Arts, History
- Joshua Stewart, Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Psychology
- Maha AlSuliman, Doctor of Philosophy, Special Education, "The Nature of Implementing Response to Intervention in Fourth Grade"
- Joshua Stewart, Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Psychology, "Teaching of Evolution in Public Schools: A Cross-Cultural Examination"
- Emily Folsom, Master of Arts, Speech-Language Pathology, "Guided and Non-Guided Clinical Observation in Communication Sciences and Disorders: Undergraduate Perspectives"
- Jacqueline Johnson, Master of Science, Biological Sciences, "Engineering Plants to Aid in the Fight Against Malaria"
- Chandra Powers, Master of Arts, History, "Inconspicuous Imperialism: Softening American Power Through Humanitarianism"