UNC's fall commencement ceremonies will be Friday, Dec. 14, and Saturday, Dec. 15, in Butler-Hancock Hall.
The Graduate School ceremony will begin at 7 p.m. on Dec. 14.
The featured speaker will be UNC professor emerita of Visual Arts Lydia Ruyle, a world-renowned artist and author who continues to create and exhibit her art, hosts workshops and speaks at conferences around the world. She earned her master's degree from UNC.
The ceremony for the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and University College begins at 9 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 15.
The ceremony for the Monfort College of Business, the College of Natural and Health Sciences, and the College of Performing and Visual Arts ceremony begins at 12:30 p.m. Dec. 15.
The featured speaker for both ceremonies will be UNC alumnus Tim Jorstad, a nationally recognized financial accountant and business manager whose high-profile clients include Carlos Santana, the Grateful Dead, Journey and the Doobie Brothers. Jorstad graduated summa cum laude from UNC in 1975.
Faculty participating in a ceremony should be in regalia at the line-up area in the Campus Recreation Center no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled starting time.
For more information, visit the Commencement website.
About the Fall 2012 Graduating Class
- No. of students graduating: 786
- No. of students earning bachelor's degrees: 588
- No. of students earning graduate degrees: 198 (159 master's, 6 certificate/specialists, 33 doctorates)
- Age range: Undergrad: 20-68; Grad: 23-62
- Average age: Undergrad: 26; Grad: 34
- Graduate's average GPA: Undergrad: 3.2; Grad: 3.78
- Average number of years to graduation (undergrad): 12 terms
- Top 5 majors (by degrees awarded): Undergrad: Interdisciplinary Studies, Business Administration, Nursing, Psychology, Communication Studies; Grad: Special Education, Sport and Exercise Science, Education, Educational Psychology, Clinical Counseling
- Countries Represented: 12 (Canada, Columbia, Iran, Japan, Libya, Kenya, Malaysia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, United States)
- States Represented: 36 (AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA,ID, IL, IN, KS, MA, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WY)
- Colorado Counties Represented: 36 (Adams, Alamosa, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Conejos, Delta, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, El Paso, Elbert, Fremont, Garfield, Jefferson, Kit Carson, Larimer, Lincoln, Logan, Mesa, Mineral, Moffat, Montrose, Morgan, Otero, Pitkin, Prowers, Pueblo, Rio Blanco, Rio Grande, Routt, Summit, Teller, Weld, Yuma)