UNC students (left to right) Andrew Russell, Megan Cournoyer and Dontally Sylvester star in the UNC production of Parade.
The University of Northern Colorado's 2012-13 Performing Arts Series, which features students in the School of Theatre Arts and Dance, continues Nov. 1 with the opening of the Tony Award-winning musical Parade.
Parade plays Nov. 1-3 and Nov. 6-10 at 7:30 p.m.; and Nov. 3-4 and Nov. 10-11 at 2 p.m. in the Norton Theatre in Gray Hall on the university campus. The production carries a PG-13 rating (contains adult language and mature themes). Free parking for Gray Hall can be accessed from 8th Avenue between 16th and 17th streets.
The rest of the series includes:
- Queen Lear (drama) - Nov. 29 and 30, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.; Dec. 2 at 2 p.m., Langworthy Theatre, Frasier Hall
- Picasso at the Lapin Agile (comedy-farce) - Feb. 7, 8, 13-16 at 7:30 p.m.; Feb. 9, 10, and 17 at 2 p.m., Norton Theatre
- Legally Blonde (musical comedy) - March 6-9 at 7:30 p.m.; March 10 at 2 p.m., Langworthy Theatre
- Intimacies (2013 Spring Dance Concert) - April 10-13 at 7:30 p.m.; April 14 at 2 p.m., Norton Theatre
- A Year With Frog and Toad (musical comedy, Youth Theatre Touring Production) - April 13 at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., Hensel Phelps Theatre - Union Colony Civic Center
- Medea (Greek tragedy) - May 1-4 at 7:30 p.m.; May 5 at 2 p.m., Langworthy Theatre
For performance descriptions, locations and ticket information, visit the series' website.