The University of Northern Colorado's summer schedule includes about 4,500 students expected for classes and more than 14,000 people taking part in dozens of camps, conferences and workshops throughout the next few months.
UNC-sponsored activities include:
- More than 300 summer classes over six-, eight- and 12-week sessions (registration is now open).
- New-student orientation for freshman and transfer students: Sessions begin in June and run through the summer.
- Little Theatre of the Rockies (78th season begins June 7)
- Frontiers of Science Institute for high school juniors and seniors, June 17-27.
- Sports camps being offered include basketball (boys and girls), football, volleyball, baseball and tennis (boys, girls, adult) camps will feature UNC coaches and players, with some sports offering both team and individual sessions.
- Concerts Under the Stars, weekly performances at the Garden Theatre July 10-31.
- UNC Jazz Camp, for middle school through college-aged students, July 15-20
Non-UNC camps and events on campus this summer include Colorado USA Wrestling Cadet/Jr. National Team Training Camp, USA Rugby Women's National Team (Eagles-15s) Training Camp, Colorado Special Olympics Summer Games, National Cheerleading Association Camp, Universal Dance Association Camp and Colorado Karate Camp.
UNC facilities will host a number of private events such as weddings, wedding anniversary parties and family reunions this summer as the campus continues to grow in popularity as an affordable option for family gatherings.
Indoor conference facilities and meeting rooms, beautiful outdoor wedding or party/reception venues, catering services, dining rooms, convenience food outlets and a recreation center are a few of the amenities available.
The university also offers nightly hotel-style accommodations during the summer in North Hall, a residence hall with four-person suites and single- and double-bedroom options. Completed in 2009, the spacious, air-conditioned suites have two bedrooms, a bathroom and a shared living area.
A complete list of camps and conferences is available on UNC's Conference Services website.