The University of Northern Colorado will celebrate and honor academic excellence with a variety of activities and ceremonies during its annual Academic Excellence Week, April 9-14.
The highlights include:
- Teaching and Learning Fair: The third annual Teaching and Learning Fair 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday, April 10, in the University Center Panorama room and Aspen suite will allow faculty from a variety of disciplines to exchange ideas, strategies, assignments, projects and other teaching and learning tools that foster academic excellence. More at: http://www.unco.edu/cetl/tlf/
- Hewit Distinguished Professor of History Lecture: Philip Deloria, professor of History at the University of Michigan and the 2012 Hewit Distinguished Professor of History at UNC, will present a free public lecture and book signing at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 11, in the Panorama room at the University Center. More at: www.unco.edu/news/releases.aspx?id=3834
- Research Day: More than 300 undergraduate and graduate students from nearly every academic discipline at UNC will share information about their research projects during 255 presentations from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, April 12, throughout the University Center's second floor. Top research projects will be selected for recognition. Related: Samples of research projects explained by their presenters at: http://www.unco.edu/news/releases.aspx?id=3827
- Distinguished Scholar Luncheon: UNC's Faculty Research and Publications Board will honor the 2012 A.M. and Jo Winchester Distinguished Scholar, college scholars and grant awardees 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Thursday, April 12, in the University Center Panorama room. More at: http://www.unco.edu/osp/news/dslunch.html
- College- and School-Hosted Events: A variety of UNC's colleges, schools and programs will honor faculty and student academic achievement with convocations, banquets and other events during the week.
For a complete schedule of the week's activities, visit http://www.unco.edu/hsl/aew.html or contact the Center for Honors, Scholars and Leadership at 351-2940.