Abe Harraf, University of Northern Colorado provost and senior vice president, has announced the recipients of this year's Academic Excellence Awards.
Criteria for the awards include a thorough knowledge of the academic or professional field, ability to communicate that knowledge in an effective and organized manner, ability to create a positive learning environment, demonstration of respect and concern for students, ability to inspire enthusiasm for learning and high expectations for students' performance.
This year's winners are:
- Teaching Excellence in Undergraduate Education (two awards): Karen Barton, Department of Geography; Priscilla Falcon, Department of Hispanic Studies
- Teaching Excellence in Graduate Education: Susan Hutchinson, Department of Applied Statistics and Research Methods
- Excellence in Faculty Service (two awards): Sieger Hartgers, School of Art and Design; Cindy White, School of Biological Sciences
- Excellence in Faculty Advisement: Katrina Einhellig, School of Nursing
- School/Program Excellence in Teaching: School of Management and Marketing
- School/Program Excellence in Scholarship: Ph.D. Counseling Psychology Program, Department of Counseling Psychology
- School/Program Excellence in Service: School of Human Sciences
- Excellence Through Performance Assessment: School of Nursing
- Academic Leadership Excellence: Richard Jurin, School of Biological Sciences
Recipients will be recognized at the Celebration of Academic Excellence Reception 2:30-4 p.m. Wednesday, April 6, in the University Center Columbine suite. Presentations will begin at 3 p.m.
The celebration is part of Academic Excellence Week, April 3-9. For a complete list of events, visit the AEW website.