UNC Graduate School Announces Student Awards
May 2, 2017
May 2, 2017 — The University of Northern Colorado's Graduate School has announced the recipients of awards recognizing superior academic achievement and outstanding research in graduate studies. The winners, who will be honored at the May 5 Graduate School commencement ceremony, are:
Citation for Excellence
The Graduate Dean's Citation for Excellence is awarded to students nominated by their school in recognition of superior academic achievement in graduate studies.
- Julie Barritt: Doctor of Philosophy, Counseling Psychology
- Harjit Dhesi: Doctor of Philosophy, Nursing Education
- Amy Graefe: Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Psychology
- Jeffrey King: Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Mathematics
- Andrew Thompson: Master of Arts, Criminal Justice
- Niloofar Ramezani: Doctor of Philosophy, Applied Statistics & Research Methods
Citation for Outstanding Dissertation/Capstone/Thesis
The Graduate Dean's Citations for Outstanding Dissertation, Capstone and Thesis are awarded to students recognized for outstanding research in graduate studies.
- Rasha Alhammad: Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Technology - "Click, Explore, and Learn: Graduate Students' Experiences and Attitude Toward Using E-books for College-level Courses"
- Laura Heiker: Doctor of Philosophy, Biological Education - "Environmental contaminantexposure and effects on bats: studies in Sichuan Province, China and Colorado, USA"
- Kristina Gulbrandsen: Doctor of Audiology, Audiology - "Audiologist's knowledge regarding patients with dementia and cognitive decline"
- Bo Martinez: Doctor of Audiology, Audiology - "Noise Exposures of Basketball Officials"
Benjamin Kugler: Master of Science, Sport and Exercise Science - Exercise Physiology: "Effects of Dietary Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation and Resistance Training on Late Onset Doxorubicin-Induced Myotoxicity"