SUBMISSION FORM TIPS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Tips For Event Or Announcement Titles
- Keep your title short and make it descriptive.
- Do not use quotation marks in your title.
- Do not use capitalized words in your event/announcement title. Acronyms are acceptable but should be spelled out in the event/announcement description.
Tips For Event Or Announcement Descriptions
- Descriptions should include appropriate punctuation. Excessive exclamation points will be removed. Do not capitalize words. Acronyms are acceptable on second reference.
- If your announcement is a call for proposals, nominations, RSVPs, etc., be sure to include the deadline in the description.
- If appropriate, include a URL for:
- A webpage with additional/complete information.
- An online registration or nomination/application form.
- An online PDF of a flyer or poster containing additional information. Avoid linking to Word or Excel documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- News items must be from a UNC department or office, a chartered student organization or other UNC-affiliated program and will be accepted only from UNC faculty, staff and students with email addresses ending in unco.edu or bears.unco.edu..
- The content of news submissions must be directly related to the university and must not contain commercial advertising, solicitation or religious or political editorials..
- Submitted news will be reviewed within 24 hours (excluding weekends). Deadline for submissions to be included in the following day's newsletter is 3 p.m.
- Approved news will be edited as necessary and placed into the appropriate newsletter, the UNC News website or a news release at the discretion of the news editor.
- University News and Public Relations staff will edit approved news for accuracy, brevity, clarity and suitability. If a submission is better suited to a different communication vehicle, it will be forwarded. Items that are incomplete or inaccurate or do not meet guidelines will be e-mailed back to the submitter with an explanation. Submitters are encouraged to make necessary changes and resubmit the item. The university reserves the right to review, suspend or deny announcement requests for any reason..
- For more detailed information about communicating information to members of the university community, read pages 87-91 of University Regulations.