UNC Today: Monday, August 18, 2014

Back to UNC Today Archives

Summer Course Evaluations Due Aug. 29

The deadline for scanning summer session bubblesheet course evaluation forms is Friday, Aug. 29. Forms not scanned by then will not be included in the report file that will be run Sept. 2 and sent to the college deans' offices.

For more information, visit the course evaluation web page.

Share Your UNC Story - Celebrate 125 Years of History

Your experiences are a vital piece of UNC's history and are what make the university's 125th anniversary worth celebrating. As we look forward to the next 125 years, help preserve the things that have made your time at UNC special using this convenient online form. Share your story so it's part of our narrative for generations to come.

Complimentary Subscriptions to Online Greeley Tribune

As part of the university's agreement with the Greeley Tribune, students can get complimentary subscriptions to the online edition of the daily newspaper by using their UNC email address when signing up. To subscribe, visit the Tribune website and follow these instructions:

  1. In the top left-hand corner of the Tribune's home page, click "Subscribe"
  2. On the next page, select "All Access" (you will not be charged, nor will you receive home delivery) and click "Continue."
  3. On the next page, click the "Create An Account" button located in the panel titled "New to The Greeley Tribune?"
  4. On the next page, enter the required information in the registration form. Be sure to use your UNC email address and type "UNC" in the address field. Click the "Create New User Account" button.
  5. Check your inbox for an email with the subject "Welcome." If it doesn't arrive in 2-3 minutes, check your spam/junk folder.
  6. Clicking on the link in the email confirms your account and returns you to the Tribune website.
  7. On the new page, click on "click here" in the panel titled "Thank You."
  8. On the next page, log in using your UNC email address and the password you chose when registering.
  9. On the next page, click "Finalize your Subscription."

Complimentary copies of the paper's print editions are available in racks around campus. If you have questions, or if you've previously purchased a digital subscription to the Tribune, please contact the newspaper's circulation department at 970-352-8089.

Classified Employment Opportunities

  • #1020 - Police Communication Technician, UNC Police Department. Requires one year of experience. Apply by Aug. 25.
  • #903 - Dining Services V - Assistant Catering Manager. Requires four years of experience. Apply by Sept. 15.
  • #862 - Dining Services III - Lead Cook. Requires two years of experience. Apply by Sept. 1.

Apply at www.colorado.gov/dhr/jobs or in Human Resources, Carter 2002.

Getting UNC ID Cards, Computer Network Accounts, Building Access for New Employees

If you have new employees starting work this month, Information Management and Technology, the UNC Card Office and Facilities Management offer the following suggestions to help make the process go smoothly:

Technology Resources
You can request access to technology resources such as email, computer network access and Banner/Ursa for a new employee as soon as they have their Bear Number, even if they don't begin work until later in the month.

A PDID (Personal Digital ID) form must be submitted electronically by navigating to the Technical Support website and clicking on the Submit a Ticket tab. On the Submit a Ticket screen, select PDID Form from the drop-down list in the Website Request Types field and then complete the other fields with the new employee's information.

Submitting the form as soon as possible will help ensure that all requested access is available prior to the start of the fall semester.

If you have any questions, contact the Technical Support Center at 351-4357.

Before you have a new employee go to the UNC Card Office to have their photograph taken for a UNC Card, send their name in an email to Cindy Vetter, Donna Steffins and Cherise DeKraai to get them entered into the card system.

If you're sending the email securely, also include the employee's Bear Number, otherwise just include their name and remind them to bring their Bear Number to the Card Office in case it isn't in the card system yet.

An employee's first and last name on his or her UNC ID card must match the first and last name that's used in Banner. To use a different name on his or her ID card, an employee must legally change their name and submit supporting documents to Human Resources.

Sending the email in advance facilitates quick and prompt service to new employees.

The Card Office's summer hours are 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday. For more information or questions, call 351-2821.

Building/Room Access
Access to campus buildings and rooms using a UNC Card or a key is provided by the Facilities Management Service Center in Parsons Hall. The UNC Card Office only issues UNC Cards.

To arrange for building or room access, complete and submit an Access Request Card and a photocopy of the employee's UNC Card to the Service Center in person or via campus mail to box 57. The request card must be signed by the employee and an authorized signer.

The Service Center's hours are 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Call 351-2446 if you have any questions.

Move-In Day: It Takes a Campus

Help take some of the stress out of Move-In Day for students and their families by helping Housing and Residential Education staff information tents or carry students' belongings into residence halls Thursday. Two-hour shifts are available performing the following duties:

Move-In Tents
This is suggested for faculty and staff who can help at the five information tents across campus. You'll be handing out campus maps, providing information and guiding families on where to park and unload as they move into the halls. Tent locations and more information will be emailed the week prior to Move-In Day. Sign up online.

Move-In Assistance
This is suggested for anyone who would like to assist families and students carry and move things into their rooms. More information, including expectations and location assignments will be emailed the week prior.

Groups such as Greek Life, Athletics, Ambassadors, etc., should list a lead contact and approximately how many people will be assisting with move-in. Sign up online. Please note that all volunteers are expected to assist families and students carry and move things into their rooms.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Shannon Mulqueen.

Campus Recreation Center Closed Aug. 18-20

The Campus Recreation Center will be closed Aug. 18-20 for maintenance and staff training. The center will begin fall semester hours (6 a.m.-10:30 p.m.) on Thursday, Aug. 21.

Today's Events