UNC Today: Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back to UNC Today Archives

Getting UNC ID Cards, Computer Network Accounts, Building Access for New Employees

If you have new employees starting work this month, the UNC Card Office, Information Management and Technology, and Facilities Management offer the following suggestions to help make the process go smoothly:

Before you have a new employee go to the UNC Card Office to have their photograph taken for a UNC Card, send their name in an email to Cindy Vetter, Donna Steffins or Cherise DeKraai to get them entered into the card system. If you're sending the email securely, also include the employee's Bear Number, otherwise just include their name and remind them to bring their Bear Number to the Card Office in case it isn't in the card system yet.

Sending the email in advance facilitates quick and prompt service to new employees.

The Card Office is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. For more information or questions, call 351-2821.

Technology Resources
You can request access to technology resources such as email, computer network access and Banner/Ursa for a new employee as soon as they have their Bear Number, even if they don't begin work until later in the month.

A PDID (Personal Digital ID) form must be submitted electronically by navigating to the Technical Support website and clicking on the Submit a Ticket tab. On the Submit a Ticket screen, select PDID Form from the drop-down list in the Website Request Types field and then complete the other fields with the new employee's information.

Submitting the form as soon as possible will help ensure that all requested access is available prior to the start of the spring semester.

If you have any questions, contact the Technical Support Center at 351-4357

Building/Room Access
Access to campus buildings and rooms using a UNC Card or a key is provided by the Facilities Management Service Center in Parsons Hall. The UNC Card Office only issues UNC Cards.

To arrange for building or room access, complete and submit an Access Request Card and a photocopy of the employee's UNC Card to the Service Center in person or via campus mail to box 57. The request card must be signed by the employee and an authorized signer.

The Service Center's hours are 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Call 351-2446 if you have any questions.

Make Sure You Receive Your W-2 Form

Make sure that you receive your 2012 W-2 form by signing up to get your W-2 form electronically or logging in to Ursa to make sure that your mailing address is correct. Instructions are available on the Payroll website. Either option must be completed by Jan. 10 to be effective when W-2s are made available later in the month.

Classified Position Opportunity

  • Accountant II - Full -time position in General Accounting. Apply by Jan. 7 online or in Human Resources, Carter 2002.

UNC Today Winter Break Schedule

UNC Today will be published Monday through Friday, except on university holidays, through the winter break provided there are campus announcements to share. To submit an announcement, complete and submit the online form prior to 4 p.m. the day before publication. Upcoming events, including important deadlines, should be added to the online calendar .

Today's Events