The Marcus Garvey Cultural Center (MGCC) staff strives to create a safe, inclusive community for all students, staff, and faculty at the University of Northern Colorado (UNC). As a Center focused on advocacy, the MGCC staff seek to create a space where students of color and historically marginalized groups feel connected to UNC and empowered throughout their collegiate experience.
The MGCC is equipped with a community room, resource and conference rooms, kitchen, and computer lab. The spaces in the MGCC are available for club or organization meetings and events by reservation only.
We welcome you to join staff, students, and friends of the MGCC by taking a tour, attending a program or event, enjoying the display of artwork and pictures throughout the house, socializing with new friends, and/or completing homework.
The MGCC staff focuses on educational development and cultural exploration. We welcome your visit!
Former and current Marcus Garvey Cultural Center students and friends are invited to celebrate the center’s 35th anniversary February 1, 2018.
Success Looks Like ME: Spring 2018
Success Looks Like ME events invite alumni career advisors back to campus for in person career panels and employer networking hours to help students gain insight from the diversity of success that follows a UNC degree. Engage with a dynamic panel of UNC alumni career advisors at one of our upcoming events. See a full list of alumni panelists below.
Marcus Garvey Cultural Center Alumni
Thursday, Feb 1, 2018 at 5 pm
Columbine B, UNC University Center
- Denise Burgess '82 - President/CEO Burgess Services, Moderator
- Dominique Ceja '11 - Software Engineer at Cherry Creek Schools
- Robyn Jackson '09 - Manager of High School & College Programs, Girls Inc.
- S. Kato Crews '97 - Partner at Hoffman Crews Nies Waggener & Foster LLP
- Kevion Ellis '18 - Student Body President, University of Northern Colorado
- Rhyann Sims '16 - Stage Manager, Vintage Theatre Productions
Questions about an upcoming event? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.