The Source - Telnet Search Aid
Word searching isn't very efficient for finding generically-titled works by major composers (e.g. Mozart concerti). For these, author searching, which works better in the Telnet interface than in the web interface, will yield the best results.
- Use the catalog's Telnet interface (telnet://source.unco.edu).
- At the main menu, type A (for AUTHOR )
- Type as much of the composer’s name as you want to (e.g. beethov )
- Choose the option with the most entries
- Use the Jump option (option J ) to navigate the works list
- Type the name of the genre (in plural) and, if appropriate, the names of the featured instrument(s), e.g.
- sonatas violin piano
Connecting by Telnet
In order to use this interface, your Web browser has to be configured to run Telnet applications. You'll also need to know the following in order to enter the catalog:
- When asked for a login, type library.
- When asked what kind of terminal you are using, type V (for VT100).