The Source - Author Searching
Word searching isn't very efficient for finding generically-titled works by major composers (e.g. Mozart concerti). For these, author searching will yield the best results.
From The Source:
- Select the AUTHOR option.
- Type the composer's name.
- Select the appropriate composer (hint: check the birth and death dates to ensure that you select the right composer).
- Click on "Limit/Sort Search" and use the pull-down menus to limit your search, if appropriate.
- MATERIAL TYPE lets you limit to scores (or recordings, or videos)
- LOCATION lets you limit to the CD collection, and so forth.
- Use Words in the TITLE to further limit you search by instrument or title (e.g. bassoon, concerto, etc.)