Friends of the University of Northern Colorado Libraries
The Friends of the University of Northern Colorado Libraries was founded in 1973. The organization has contributed to the financial welfare of the Libraries, encouraged area artists to exhibit their talents, sponsored receptions for visiting artists and speakers, and organized fundraising projects. In 1988, to honor the University's centennial, the Friends presented the University with a commemorative quilt made by volunteers. Each of its twelve squares depicts historical landmarks on the University's campus.
Since 1988, the Friends have completed several projects on behalf of the Libraries and the University. These include:
- Purchase of the illuminated, outdoor sign identifying the James A. Michener Library.
- Construction and support of the Mari Michener Art Gallery located in the James A. Michener Library .
- Purchase of the reference desk and shelving for the James A. Michener Library.
- Remodeling of the James A. Michener Library Board Room.
- Presentation of a bust of James A. Michener to the Michener Library during the 25th Anniversary Rededication of the library building.
For more information about the Friends, call the UNC Libraries Administration Office at (970) 351-2601.
Thanks for supporting the Friends of the UNC Libraries!