The Government Publications collection is located on the lower level of Michener Library.
For reference service, please see the staff at the first floor Reference Desk. For in-depth individualized assistance by appointment or for scheduling instruction sessions for classes, contact Mark Anderson:
- by email
- by phone at 970-351-1474
- by stopping in the Government Publications Area on Mondays 9:00-11:00 and Thursdays 3:00-5:00
Materials may be checked out at the first floor Circulation Desk for 4 weeks to undergraduates and 8 weeks to graduate students. Reference materials may not be checked out. Many current items are made available electronically and are accessible through our online catalog, The Source. Items physically located in the lower level collection are in a variety of formats, including print, microfiche, microfilm, and CD-ROM.
Types of materials in the collection include:
- Official decisions and proceedings of government entities
- Government agency reports
- Statistical data
- Historical documents
- Consumer information
- Small collections of foreign and international items published by organizations such as the United Nations, the Organization of American States, and the World Health Organization.
To identify government publications on a topic, search the Libraries online catalog (searches may be limited to the Location "Mich Gov") for materials located in the UNC Libraries collection, or use Government Resources for a variety of government-related search tools.
Finding Aids for Classes
- see Mark Anderson's Research Guides