Information for Researchers
- All users of archival materials must register annually. By registering, users agree to abide by Archival Services rules. There is no cost for registration and University affiliation is not required.
- Archival collection materials are non-circulating and may not be removed from the research area without authorization.
- Users are required to leave all personal property in lockers provided for that purpose. While using archival materials, users may have only paper, pencils, or a laptop computer with them. Pens are not permitted. We have pencils available for you.
- Users may be asked to wear gloves while handling photographs or delicate items.
- Archival materials must be handled with great care. Users may remove only one folder at a time from a box and they must maintain the original order of the folders in the box and the materials in the folder.
- To protect archival materials, all food and drinks are prohibited in the research area.
- Archival Services provides photocopy and scanning services for a fee, but reserves the right to restrict reproduction of its materials due to condition, size, or donor requirements.
- Prepayment is required for all orders over $10.00.
- Please allow 72 hours for orders to be completed. Low-resolution scans may be sent through email. High-resolution scans will be saved to a CD. All reproduced materials may be picked up at the James A. Michener Library or mailed at no additional cost.
- Photocopy/Scanning – Standard (letter or legal size)
Self service: $0.10 per page
Staff: $0.25 per page
- Printing from Microfilm
Staff: $0.25 per print
Following is a list of uses for which you will need to seek permission to publish:
- Public display in any form, electronic or hard copy.
- Publication in any form, whether modified or not.
- Use in television, video, or film.
You will not have to seek permission to publish if the purpose of your work falls under one of the following:
- Non-profit educational purposes (class papers, research, classroom use).
- For purposes such as criticism, comment, and news reporting.
James A. Michener Library Campus Box 48
University of Northern Colorado Greeley, CO 80639-0091
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday