Connie Willis Materials
The following materials and objects have been processed and are now available for research:
- Willis' notes and drafts of her published and unpublished short fiction (1971-2008). The works in this category include winners of the Ignotus, Hugo and Nebula awards such as Fire Watch, Chance, The Last of the Winnebagos, Even the Queen, and her short story collections as well.
- Her non-fiction work (1970-2002), essays (1988-2009), and anthologies (1994-2001).
- The biographical statements (1985 – 2003) that Willis has written for many people including two for George R. R. Martin and four for James Patrick Kelly.
- Her editorials found in Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine and the Greeley Tribune.
- Ms. Willis' introductions and forwards for other's books. Our archive holds, among others:
- Kit Reed's Weird Women, Wired Women (1998)
- William Tenn's Immodest Proposals: The Complete Science Fiction of William Tenn, Volume 1 (2001)
- James Patrick Kelly's Strange but not a Stranger (2002)
- At the Human Limit: the Collected Stories of Jack Williamson, Volume Eight (2011)
- The notes and drafts of the speeches that she gave at various events including World Science Fiction Conventions, Mythocons, and Bubonicons between 1988 and 2008.
- Assorted book jackets.
- Personal and professional correspondence.
- Awards, gifts from fans, and objects that have inspired her work.
Work has begun on processing Willis' novels, with Doomsday Book almost complete.