About the Libraries
The UNC Libraries are located on the University of Northern Colorado campus in Greeley, Colorado. The Dean of the UNC Libraries is Helen Reed.
Michener Library, the main library, was named after James A. Michener. Mr. Michener attended Colorado State College of Education, now the University of Northern Colorado, from 1936-1937. He was a Social Science educator at the Training School and at the College from 1936-1941. He conceived the idea for his novel Centennial during his stay in Greeley.
Michener Library's collections include approximately 1.5 million items in monograph, periodical, government document, audio-visual and microform formats. The Library also houses the James A. Michener Special Collection and the Mari Michener Art Gallery.
Skinner Music Library
The Skinner Music Library is the only branch library. Built in 1997, it was later named after Howard M. Skinner, former Dean of the College of Performing and Visual Arts.
Library Letters - newsletter from the UNC Libraries
- Book Donation Guidelines
- Children in the Libraries
- Collection Development
- Computer Use Policy
- Exhibit Space
- Mari Michener Gallery Non-Library Use Policy
- University Libraries Mission, Vision, and Goals
- University Libraries Assessment
- University Library Comparative Statistics 2009-2011
- University Libraries Statistics 2010/11
- University Libraries Statistics 2009/10
- University Libraries Statistics 2008/09
- University Libraries Statistics 2007/08
For nation-wide library statistics visit the National Center of Education Statistics.