Student Public Relations Network (SPRN)
Student Public Relations Network, commonly known as SPRN, is a student-run club that exists to create networking and learning opportunities for students interested in pursuing a career in public relations, advertising or communications through professional presentations, seminars and visits to public relations and marketing agencies. Club membership is open to all UNC students.
SPRN's goal is for students to grow their network of professionals who can help them expand their knowledge of the public relations, marketing and communications industries. Organizing events is the main way we work to connect students to professionals.
Events planned for Fall 2014 are as follows:
- Sept 4- "Kick-Off" Meeting
- Sept 18- Presentation by Greeley Unexpected about their campaign
- Oct 2- Professional Speakers Panel: What journalists want from PR pro's
- Oct 10- Denver Day: Pepsi Center Tour
- Oct 18- 5k Halloween Costume Fun Run Fundraiser
- Nov 6- Workshop Day
- Internship Information
- Resume 101
- Online Portfolios
- Interview Tips
- Nov 20- Graduate Panel
- UNC alumni and where they are today!
- Dec 4- "Network" Party
President: Amanda Mulnix
Vice President: Alexandria Farmer Waters
Secretary/Historian: Sammy Lee
Treasurer/Fundraiser: Taylor Hill
Print/Web Publicist: Maggie Bedwell
Faculty Advisor: Natalie Stevens
Like us on Facebook to get updates on our schedule throughout the semester!