Student Public Relations Network (SPRN)
Student Public Relations Network, commonly known as SPRN, is a student-run club that exists to create networking and learning opportunities for students interested in pursuing a career in public relations, advertising or communications through professional presentations, seminars and visits to public relations and marketing agencies. Club membership is open to all UNC students.
SPRN's goal is for students to grow their network of professionals who can help them expand their knowledge of the public relations, marketing and communications industries. Organizing events is the main way we work to connect students to professionals.
In the fall 2013 semester, the club put on the following events:
- Brought in a panel of recent journalism graduates to speak to students
- Sponsored a presentation from the C.E.O. of TDA_Boulder, a Boulder-based;marketing agency
- Sponsored a presentation from a panel of Greeley officials who handled the media surrounding the 2013 Colorado Flood
- Visited public relations and advertising agencies in Boulder; Metzger PR, Crispin Porter + Bogusky, and Scrib
Events planned for the spring are as follows:
- An internship workshop
- A portfolio workshop
- A panel of social media professionals
- A presentation on event planning by the Greeley D.D.A.
- Two tentative visits to agencies in Denver and Fort Collins
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Shadow Day
- Click here for the Spring 2014 schedule.
President: Daniel Rocha
Vice President: Katilin Sorenson
Secretary/Historian: Nikole Rose
Treasurer/Fundraiser: Khalie Shields
Web Publicist: Maggie Bedwell
Print Publicist: Sawyere Monson
Professional Advisor: Natalie Stevens
Faculty Advisor: Lee Anne Peck News and Announcements