Study Abroad Scholarships
UNC Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Australearn Scholarship - in collaboration with Australearn, UNC will award 1-2 $500 scholarships per semester to students participating in Australearn.
- CEA Scholarship - In collaboration with CEA, UNC will award at least one $500 scholarship per semester to students participating in CEA programs.
- ISA Scholarship - In collaboration with ISA, UNC will award one $1,000 and one $500 scholarship per semester to students participating in ISA programs.
- AIFS Scholarship - In collaboration with AIFS, each UNC student participating in an AIFS summer program will receive a $200 discount and each student participating in a semester program will receive a $400 discount.
- DAAD Scholarship
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) invited highly qualified undergraduate students to apply for funding to study, do research and/or internships in Germany. Scholarships are available for students taking part in an organized study abroad program/exchange. Funding for a semester or the academic year is offered for 2012/13 (starting fall 12) and include a monthly stipend, health insurance and a lump sum for travel. Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend of approximately € 650 ($870). Please note that students wanting to study in Germany in the spring of 2013 need to apply now. Click Here to find more information about this scholarship. For this scholarship you do not need to speak German to apply. The deadline for the DAAD Scholarship is January 31st, 2012.
- Goethe Club of Denver
The Goethe Club’s Board of Directors has authorized the granting of four prices to the winners of the year 2012 competition in amounts ranging from $1,000 to $2,500. The purpose of these awards is to assist and encourage students to become more knowledgeable in German language, history and culture. The funds shall be used to travel to a German-speaking European Country (Germany, Austria, or Switzerland), payment of tuition and living expenses. To be eligible for this award you must have at least two years of German or proof of proficiency in the German Language. Click Here for the Application Form. The deadline for the Goethe Club Scholarship is January 31st, 2012.
Private and Governmental Scholarships for Study Abroad Students:
The CIE Writing Lab is located inside the CIE offices in the University Center. English Language learning software in the lab: pronunciation, vocabulary, and grammar.
- American-Scandinavian Foundation- Offers fellowships and grands to individuals to pursue reseatch or study in one or more Scandinavian country for up to one academic year.
- Blakemore Foundation Scholarship - The Blakemore Foundation was established to encourage the advanced study of Asian languages and to improve the understanding of Asian fine arts in the U.S.
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship - Awards averaging $4,000 to students with financial need.
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships - Awards averaging $4,000 to students with financial need.
- DADD Scholarships- Awarded by the German government to students studying or conducting research in Germany.
- Boren Scholarship - Maximum Awards of $10,000 per semester to students studying in world regions critical U.S. interests.
- Foundation for Global Scholars - Awards ranging from $500 - $2,000 for students studying abroad.
- Fulbright Grants- Full grants available to graduating seniors or graduate students applying to study, teach, or conduct research abroad.
- Marshall Scholarship- Full grants to students studying for a full degree in the United Kingdom.
- Taiwan Scholarship- Awarded to students wishing to study in Taiwan by the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office.
- SR Education Group Scholarship - $2,000 scholarship awarded to all students intending to study abroad on a university approved study abroad program.