COMING SOON! Summer 2015 Events
The CIE event registration is now online. You can read about the details of the events and sign up: We hope you find it easier to sign up for events.
- At our general event registration page you can see all the upcoming events that are available for registration.
- Payments must be made at the time of signing up.
- Only credit and debit cards are accepted.
International Ambassador Program
The International Ambassador Program focuses on creating a mutual learning opportunity between Americans and international students. Ambassadors help international students' adjustment to living in the United States by providing both support and friendship through correspondence that begins even before international students arrive on campus. In return, international students have the opportunity to share their unique cultures, experiences and perspectives with their domestic mentors. Through this collaboration, both mentors and international students enhance their intercultural communication, leadership, and global awareness skills.
The initial commitment is one year with the option to extend for multiple semesters.
- Undergraduate Ambassadors are required to: 1) connect with their mentee at least two times per semester, 2) attend at least two events arranged by the International Ambassador Program and the Center for International Education per semester. Schedule of events will be available in the beginning of every new semester), and 3) attend monthly member meetings.
- Graduate Ambassadors are required to: 1) connect with their mentee at least two times per semester and 2) attend at least one event arranged by the International Ambassador Program and the Center for International Education per semester.
- Faculty/Staff Ambassadors are required to connect with their mentee at least two times per semester.
Friendship Family Program
This is a cultural exchange between International students at the UNC and local families who are interested in developing international friendships and furthering their cross-cultural awareness.
Friendship families do not provide living accommodations. Instead, families get together with student for different activities such as dinners, movies, sporting events, sightseeing etc. Friendship families provide a family environment for students away from home.