Intensive English Program (IEP)
Students who do not meet the English language proficiency requirements for admission
can enroll in the Intensive English Program to receive English language instruction
for academic purposes. Students must have a basic understanding of the English language,
know the English alphabet and have completed high school (upper secondary school).
For additional information please review the Intensive English Program website or contact Elaine Steneck, the IEP Director, at Elaine.Steneck@unco.edu or 970-351-2396.
You will first create a myUNC profile (undergraduate or graduate) and select the Intensive English Program as your Academic Program of Interest. Then
you will complete the Intensive English Application.
- Application Deadlines
- Fall 1 (Aug.): May 31
- Fall 2 (Oct.): July 31
- Spring 1 (Jan.): Sept. 30
- Spring 2 (March): Dec. 31
- Summer (June): Feb. 28
- All required supporting documents must be received no more than 30 days after the above deadlines have passed.
- Application Fee
- The $60 non-refundable application fee can be paid using a VISA, MasterCard or Discover
- You will pay the fee after you complete all of the application questions and submit
- Transcripts: High School or Highest Level of Education Achieved
- Please email a copy of your high school transcript, or the highest level of education
completed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All documents issued in a foreign language must be accompanied by a copy of a certified
literal and complete English translation
- Financial Documents
- Applicants need to provide proof of funding for one year of study at UNC. For the
academic year 2016/2017 the amount is $28,200 for IEP applicants.
- Financial documents must be dated within the last six (6) months.
- Acceptable forms of financial documents include checking and/or savings accounts bank
statements or certification on bank’s letterhead, financial guarantee from your government,
scholarship/assistantship award letters and loan confirmation letters.
- An affidavit of support needs to accompany bank statements that are not issued in the student’s name.
- If you will have dependents (spouse and/or children) coming to the U.S. with you,
please show funds for them also: $6,000 for the first dependent, $5,000 for each additional
- Copy of Passport
- Please provide a clear, high resolution photocopy of the bio-page (photo-page) of
- If you are currently in the U.S. please include a copy of your visa
- If you are planning to bring your dependents (spouse and/or children) to the US, please
submit photocopies of their passports and proof of relationship (marriage certificate,
birth certificates for children).