- Immigration Documents
After you are admitted to UNC we will issue your I-20 that you will need to obtain your student visa. We will mail your I-20 along with your admission letter to the address you provided on your application. The I-20 will contain your SEVIS number that you will need to pay your SEVIS fee. Afterwards you will be able to schedule your visa appointment.
- Transfer Students
Students transferring from another US institution will be mailed a SEVIS transfer form along with their admission letter. Your international advisor at your current institution will need to complete the form in order to transfer your SEVIS record to UNC.
- Transfer Credit
We will accept up to 90 hours of transfer credit if your university is recognized by the Ministry of Education in your home country, or accredited by one of the US regional accrediting bodies. Please refer to the Office of the Registrar for information about the transfer credit process and policies, including what documents you will need to submit.
- Center for International Education
As much as we enjoy interacting with you during the admission process, once you are offered admission you will start receiving communication from, and start interacting with, our awesome colleagues at the Center for International Education. They will provide pre-departure and arrival information as well as orientation, immigration, academic, cultural and educational support during your studies at UNC.
- Admitted Student Checklist
- Deferring AdmissionAdmission decisions are valid for one year. If you are unable to start your studies at UNC during the term you were admitted for, please submit the Change of Term request.
- Tuition PaymentTuition, fees, housing, meal plans and insurance are charged on a semester-by-semester basis. The payment for your first semester at UNC will be due on the 10th class day of the semester. You can pay your student bill in full, or sign up for a monthly payment plan (Bear Pay). For more information please refer to the Cashier’s office.
- Questions?If you have questions while completing these steps please contact the Center for International Education at email@example.com or 970-351-2396.