Excellence in Academic Leadership Award
As special recognition of faculty leadership, this award is bestowed on an occasional basis upon recommendation to the dean by the College Leadership Council.
- Serves as a role model for faculty members
- Promotes the professional development both of individuals within the program area and among the collective whole
- Performs routine responsibilities and tasks efficiently, effectively, and fairly.
- Demonstrates academic leadership in the broader College and University context, beyond advancement of his/her own discipline.
Guidelines for Supporting Materials
The following lists are intended as guidelines for submitting materials in support of nominations for college awards. They are not intended to be all-inclusive or restrictive. Nominees for college awards are encouraged to submit those materials that present the most accurate, accessible, and conclusive evidence of merit for the each award. All nominees are requested to submit a 1-2 page narrative summarizing how your teaching, scholarship, or service addresses the relevant criteria. Nominees should also update their CV in Digital Measures by the submission deadline in addition to submitting their supporting materials electronically. The materials submitted should not exceed 2 to 3 pieces of evidence per award.
Nominations for this award come from the College Leadership Council on occasions when special recognition of faculty leadership is merited. The following supporting materials (in addition to others) may be submitted for review by the council, which will recommend to the dean. (Nominees are not required to submit all materials listed – only 2 to 3 pieces of evidence.)
- Description of leadership activities and their resulting impact on academics
- Letters from students, peers, or from other constituents or observers
- Documents or other supporting materials generated in the course of the academic leadership endeavor