Internships & Practicums
Journalism & Media Studies offers credit for full-time and part-time internships. Students must be majors in journalism to qualify for internship credit. For information, contact Lynn Klyde-Allaman.
JMS faculty post internship openings on the JMS Listserv. Listserv announcements go to subscribers’ e-mail addresses.
General Internship Resources
- UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
- The Association for Women in Sports Media—Interns have been placed in newspapers, magazines, ESPN and the U.S. Olympic Committee.
- Minority Science Writers Internship (Washington, D.C.)—Paid summer internship sponsored by the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Internships are with AAAS’s Science magazine. (Deadline: March 1)
- Online News Association Career Center
- Poynter Media Jobs Connection
- Colorado Press Association
- Denver Post— Note: October deadline for summer internships.
- Kaiser Media Internships & Fellowships
- American Society of Magazine Editors—Places students in summer, editorial internships. Note Nov. 15 deadline for applications.
- Time Inc. Editorial Internship Program—Places students in paid summer internships in New York with several Time Inc. magazines including Sports Illustrated, Time, Fortune, Money, People and Entertainment Weekly. Note: Nov. 2 deadline.
- Viacom—Internships at premier entertainment television, such as MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Nickelodeon, and more.
- International Radio & Television Society Foundation Summer Fellowship Program—Learn realities of the business world through a nine-week, expense paid fellowship in New York. Note: March deadline.
Public Relations and Promotions
Public Relations Internships for Recent Graduates
- Edelman Public Relations (Chicago, New York, and worldwide)
- Ruder Finn (New York)—Select “Executive Trainee & Internship"
- RF/Binder Associate Program (New York)
- Around Campus Group
- Multicultural Advertising Intern Program
- Ogilvy & Mather Internship Program (New York and worldwide)