Publishing in The CEA Critic
If you would like to submit an essay for publication in The CEA Critic, you may e-mail submissions as WORD documents to the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attend to the following guidelines as you prepare your manuscript:
- Manuscripts should be between 6,000 and 8,000 words and must be accompanied by a 150-300 word abstract.
- Please submit two copies of your manuscript, one with the author's name, affiliation, and email address and one without any author identification. In addition, please include, in your correspondence, a statement that the manuscript is not under consideration elsewhere.
- Notes should be (1) inserted manually (as if with an old-school typewriter) and (2) placed before the Works Cited.
- All documentation should follow the MLA 8th (2016) edition.
- Authors are responsible for both the accuracy of quotations and for representing source material fairly.
- Authors are responsible for securing any copyright releases involving graphs, tables, or illustrations.
The CEA Critic will publish only articles by members of the College English Association. Non-members are welcome to submit but must join the CEA in order for accepted submissions to be published. For information on CEA membership, please visit the CEA website.
Find additional guidelines for publishing in The CEA Critic on the CEA website.