Publishing in The CEA Critic
If you would like to submit an essay for publication in The CEA Critic, you may e-mail submissions as WORD documents to the editors at email@example.com. Please attend to the following guidelines as you prepare your manuscript:
- Manuscripts should be between 6,000 and 8,000 words and must be accompanied by a 150-300 word abstract.
- Please submit two copies of your manuscript, one with the author's name, affiliation, and email address and one without any author identification. In addition, please include, in your correspondence, a statement that the manuscript is not under consideration elsewhere.
- Notes should be (1) inserted manually (as if with an old-school typewriter) and (2) placed before the Works Cited.
- All documentation should follow the MLA 8th (2016) edition.
- Authors are responsible for both the accuracy of quotations and for representing source material fairly.
- Authors are responsible for securing any copyright releases involving graphs, tables, or illustrations.
The CEA Critic will publish only articles by members of the College English Association. Non-members are welcome to submit but must join the CEA in order for accepted submissions to be published. For information on CEA membership, please visit the CEA website.