Confluencia is a journal which publishes scholarly articles and notes in Spanish and English. It encompasses the three principal areas of the Hispanic world: Spain, Latin America and the United States. The editorial policy invites the submission of manuscripts which promote an integrative approach to the study of culture and literature. Highlights include: 1) articles and essays dedicated to enhancing our understanding of the aesthetic and cultural expression of the diverse Hispanic communities, including those with a strong base in prehispanic and African traditions, 2) comparative studies of literatures, 3) comparative studies of other art forms, 4) interviews with outstanding figures who have made an impact on the study, expression and promotion of culture and literature. Creative writing is also included.
- The manuscript must be original and not previously. Do not submit material that is currently being considered by another journal.
- Articles should be between 4500 and 7500 words, including text, tables, footnotes, appendices and references, and should adhere in format to the MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing, published 2008: ISBN 978-0-87352-297-7 (cloth) or 978-0-87352-298-4 (paper). The title should not exceed 15 words. Notes should be placed at the end of the text and have to be mechanically posted.
- In order to expedite an early decision, manuscripts should be submitted in MS Word format: 1) a blind copy of the article as an email attachment to email@example.com and 2) contact information and professional affiliation information in a separate document also as an email attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, one copy on paper also with contact information and professional affiliation information included should be mailed to Confluencia, Box 87, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley CO 80639 USA.
- All research articles submitted to this journal undergo rigorous peer review: an initial editor screening and refereeing by at least two anonymous evaluators. The review process usually takes 2 to 4 months.
- If the article is accepted, the author is required to sign the Transfer of Copyright Agreement form.
- Contributors accepted for publication need to pay a $90 publication fee which includes a one-year subscription. All rights remain with Confluencia.