TR 8:30-9:15 a.m.
University of Northern Colorado
Africana Studies Program
Campus Box 159
Greeley, CO 80639
- Ph.D. in Psychology, Honors, Saybrook University
- Master of Arts, Psychology, Honors, Regis University
- Graduate, National Executive Institute
- Bachelor of Science, Criminology/Sociology, Minor in Psychology, Truman University
- Associate of Arts, Sociology, Minor in Psychology, Hannibal LaGrange University
2008 – Present, Faculty, University of Northern Colorado – Instructor in Black Psychology,
Multicultural Psychology, Development of Black Identity, African American History,
Multiculturalism and Black Family Studies. Directed Capstone Research project with
- CEO - MITCHELL C. GARDNER INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.
- Psychotherapist - PUREHEART MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- Past member COAPP Board of Directors (Colorado Organization on Adolescent Pregnancy,
Parenting and Prevention), chairman of governance committee, member of sustainability
- Registered Colorado Psychotherapist
- Advisory Board for Aurora Public Schools, guest instructor, student counselor – William
Smith High School Young Parenting Program
- Pastor and Counselor, Erie Baptist Church
- Member Board of Directors Adams County Workforce Development
- Career Advisor – Denver Public Schools
- Volunteer instructor at Florence Crittendon alternative school for teenage mothers
and fathers; served on the advisory board 1983 - 2000.
- Boys’ basketball coach with YMCA, Longmont City Recreation Center and Frederick High
- Career Advisor – Westminster Public Schools.
- APA Board Certified Professional Counselor
- Current Member AAMFT (American Association of Marriage & Family Therapy)
- Current Member ACA (American Counseling Association)
- Current Member APA (American Psychological Association)
- Current Member APT (Association for Play Therapy)
- Current Member ABPsi (Association of Black Psychologists)
- Current Member North Metro Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors 1996 – 2000)
Research/Areas of Interest
Psychology and Human Behavior
- Orion Research Group, Clinical Studies – 2008 - 2010