Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium
Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium &
National Conference on Undergradute Research (NCUR) Competition
November 1, 2011 6 PM - 8:30 PM Columbine B
Call for Abstracts!
Abstract and application due October 14.
The Symposium will feature the top five student's presentations as they compete for a University-sponsored trip to present at the National Conference on Undegraduate Research (NCUR) in Spring.
- Application and Abstract submission guidelines (.doc)
- Application and Abstract submission guidelines (.pdf)
- The Office of Undergraduate Research is hosting the annual UNC Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium (Symposium) on November 1, 2011. Five undergraduate students with outstanding research will be accepted into this selective Symposium based on the application and abstract submission due October 14.
- The University of Northern Colorado intends to fund two UNC Undergraduate students to attend the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah, March 29th – 31st, 2012. These two students will be selected from among the five who present at the Symposium on November 1, 2011.
- All students engaged in undergraduate research activities are invited to apply by completing the attached application and submitting an abstract by October 14. 2011 Candidates must be in good standing with a proposed graduation date of May 2012 or later. Research may be in progress but must be far enough along to present in an oral presentation on November 1. All students who apply for the Symposium must be willing and able to travel to NCUR if selected.
- The five selected students will each give 15-minute oral presentation at the Symposium with a question and answer session to follow that will be approximately 5 minutes. An LCD projector and laptop will be provided for PowerPoint presentations. Students must bring their presentation on a USB drive.
- The two candidates chosen at the Research Symposium to attend NCUR will be then asked to submit their abstracts to NCUR. The selected candidates will work with the Faculty Fellow for Undergraduate Research to edit their abstract with the final version of their abstract due no later than 12 pm (noon) on Tuesday, November 8th, 2011.
- Those students who are selected by NCUR will be required to participate in a practice presentation at a date to be determined based on the student and faculty mentor availability.
More information on National Conference on Undergraduate Research: Link to NCUR Website