2014 Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium at UNC
- The Office of Undergraduate Research is hosting the annual UNC Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium on November 5th, 2014. Eight undergraduate students with outstanding research will be accepted into this selective Symposium based on the application and abstract submission due September 26th, 2014.
- The University of Northern Colorado will fund three UNC Undergraduate students to attend the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) at Eastern Washington University on April 16th- 18th, 2015. These three students will be selected from the presenters at the Symposium on November 5th, 2014.
- All students engaged in undergraduate research activities are invited to apply by completing the attached application and submitting an abstract by September 26th, 2014. Candidates must be in good standing with a proposed graduation date of May 2015 or later. Research may be in progress but must be far enough along to present in an oral presentation on November 5th. All students who apply for the Symposium must be willing and able to travel to NCUR if selected.
- The eight selected students will each give 10-minute oral presentation at the Symposium with a question and answer session to follow that will be approximately 5 minutes. An LCD projector and laptop will be provided for PowerPoint presentations. Students must bring their presentation on a USB drive.
- The three candidates chosen at the Research Symposium to attend NCUR will be then asked to submit their abstracts to NCUR. The selected candidates will work with the Faculty Fellow for Undergraduate Research to edit their abstract with the final version of their abstract due on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014.
- Those students who are selected by NCUR will be required to participate in two practice presentations with the Faculty Fellow for Undergraduate Research on March 5th, 2015.
- Call For Proposals: Applications are now available by clicking here
- Email email@example.com for any questions.
More information on National Conference on Undergraduate Research: Link to NCUR Website