2012 Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium at UNC
Will take place on November 13 from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm in Columbine B at the University Center. This competition accepts eight finalists based on the application and then selects two UNC students based on their presentations on 11/13 to represent UNC at The National Conference on Undergraduate Research.
- Application and Abstract Submission Guidelines (doc)
- Application and Abstract Submission Guidelines (pdf)
- The Office of Undergraduate Research is hosting the annual UNC Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium (Symposium) on November 13, 2012. Five undergraduate students with outstanding research will be accepted into this selective Symposium based on the application and abstract submission due October 8.
- The University of Northern Colorado intends to fund two UNC Undergraduate students to attend the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse in La Crosse, Wisconsin on April 11th - 13th, 2013. These two students will be selected from among the eight who present at the Symposium on November 13, 2012.
- All students engaged in undergraduate research activities are invited to apply by completing the attached application and submitting an abstract by October 8. Candidates must be in good standing with a proposed graduation date of May 2013 or later. Research may be in progress but must be far enough along to present in an oral presentation on November 13th. All students who apply for the Symposium must be willing and able to travel to NCUR if selected.
- The five selected students will each give a 10-minute oral presentation at the Symposium with a question and answer session to follow that will be approximately 5 minutes. An LCD projector and laptop will be provided for PowerPoint presentations. Students must bring their presentation on a USB drive.
- The two candidates chosen at the Research Symposium to attend NCUR will be then asked to submit their abstracts to NCUR. The selected candidates will work with the Faculty Fellow for Undergraduate Research to edit their abstract with the final version of their abstract due no later than 12 pm (noon) on Tuesday, November 26th, 2012.
- Those students who are selected by NCUR will be required to participate in a practice presentation at a date to be determined based on the student and faculty mentor availability.
More information on National Conference on Undergraduate Research: Link to NCUR Website