2013 Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium at UNC
Will take place on November 7 from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm in Columbine B at the University Center. This competition accepts eight finalists based on the application and then selects two UNC students based on their presentations to represent UNC at The National Conference on Undergraduate Research.
- Application and Abstract Submission Guidelines (doc)
- Application and Abstract Submission Guidelines (pdf)
- The Office of Undergraduate Research is hosting the annual UNC Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium (Symposium) on November 7, 2013. Eight undergraduate students with outstanding research will be accepted into this selective Symposium based on the application and abstract submission due October 4th.
- The University of Northern Colorado intends to fund three UNC Undergraduate students to attend the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, KY on April 3rd- 5th, 2013. These three students will be selected from among the eight who present at the Symposium on November 7, 2013.
- All students engaged in undergraduate research activities are invited to apply by completing the attached application and submitting an abstract by October 4th, 2013. Candidates must be in good standing with a proposed graduation date of May 2014 or later. Research may be in progress but must be far enough along to present in an oral presentation on November 7th. All students who apply for the Symposium must be willing and able to travel to NCUR if selected.
- The eight selected students will each give 10-minute oral presentation at the Symposium with a question and answer session to follow that will be approximately 5 minutes. An LCD projector and laptop will be provided for PowerPoint presentations. Students must bring their presentation on a USB drive.
- The three candidates chosen at the Research Symposium to attend NCUR will be then asked to submit their abstracts to NCUR. The selected candidates will work with the Faculty Fellow for Undergraduate Research to edit their abstract with the final version of their abstract due no later than 12 pm (noon) on Thursday, December 5, 2013.
- Those students who are selected by NCUR will be required to participate in two practice presentations with the Faculty Fellow for Undergraduate Research at a date to be determined.
More information on National Conference on Undergraduate Research: Link to NCUR Website