UNC Honors Program
Honors Interdisciplinary Program -
Freshman are encouraged to strongly consider a Study Aboard experience in their Sophomore year. Study Abroad experiences, whether a semester long exchange program or a two-week summer faculty led experience, will count toward one course requirement for Honors.
Honors Upper Division Program -
Under the Honors Upper Division Program requirements, students may pursue one or two different Honors Experiential Learning Options depending on the Path through honors that they choose. Students select two of the following:
- Approved research methodology course or directed study with research methodology project. (Required for Research Path)
- Internship, Service Learning course, Practicum or Field Experience – must be contracted for Honors credit (Required for Applied Path)
- Honors Course by Contract – Undergraduate or Graduate level
- Study Abroad/International Student Exchange or National Student Exchange experience
Students pursuing these options may earn up to 6 course credits for their work or be granted waiver of a portion of their course credit requirements for Academic Foundations.
Students wishing to pursue the internship option may choose to work with the Career Services where they can find many placement options and resources. The option selected must be approved through the Honors office.
For more information on searching and applying for internships the following resources are available:
- Experiential Education website -through Career Services.